PODCAST: SportsDaz Camogie (Thursday, 21st July 2022)
Darren Kelly and Killian Whelan present the magazine show looking at the Glen Dimplex All-Ireland camogie championships.
- 0:00 – Latest News
- 24:40 – Galway vs Kilkenny (All-Ireland senior semi-final)
- 43:10 – Cork vs Waterford (All-Ireland senior semi-final)
Darren and Killian look at the game’s talking points and news including looking ahead to the Glen Dimplex All-Ireland intermediate and junior semi-finals. We look back on Ian Brick’s term as Kerry manager, Ray Kelly is training young referees, and an article suggesting a family link with ACL injuries will be of interest.
All roads lead to Croke Park this Saturday for the senior semi-finals. Something’s gotta to give between Galway and Kilkenny at 5.30pm. Both teams are unbeaten this year and produced a classic in their group clash three weeks previously in Athenry. Have Galway learned from that or are Kilkenny even sharper following their quarter-final success over Dublin?
Beforehand, Cork and Waterford collide at 3.15pm. While it promises to be an intriguing contest on the field, off-field matters are dominating the headlines. We ask why Aisling Thompson’s red card against Tipperary hasn’t been dealt with yet and should there be tighter deadlines to dealing with disciplinary matters? Also, there’s been great support for Waterford’s gofundme fundraiser but should support not already be coming in from the GAA community.
- SPORTSDAZ CAMOGIE broadcasts every Thursday on sportsdaz.ie
- This week on THE THIRD HALF, we review the Glen Dimplex All-Ireland senior quarter-finals
- Cover Photo (c) Hannah Shields – Clonduff camogie club
- Theme Song (c) josephmcdade.com/music