PODCAST: SportsDaz Football (Wednesday, 1st December 2021)
Darren Kelly and Niamh Kindlon present the magazine show featured the provincial club championships.
- News Round-Up (0:20)
- Review – Aherlow 0-9 Southern Gaels 0-6 – Munster Senior Semi-Final (18:55)
- Reaction – Kilkerrin/Clonberne 6-22 Glencar/Manorhamilton 0-4 – Connacht Senior Semi-Final (Louise Ward, Willie Ward, Finbar Egan – 31:15)
- Preview – Foxrock/Cabinteely vs Dunboyne – Leinster Senior Final (43:05)
Darren and Niamh look back on all the latest news including Mick Bohan and Maxi Curran both being ratified in Dublin and Donegal respectively; former Mayo footballers Sinéad Commons takes over Carlow’s minors, four LGFA winners at the Volunteer in Sports Awards, and 62-year-old Pauline McCarthy scoring a county final winning goal.
We look back at the weekend’s action as Tipperary’s Aherlow advanced to the Munster Football Final following a 0-9 to 0-6 win over Kerry’s Southern Gaels. And we also look ahead to this weekend’s other semi-final between Corks’ Mourneabbey and Waterford’s Ballymacarbry.
Darren was in Johnstown on Sunday for the Connacht semi-final as Galway’s Kilkerrin/Clonberne advanced at the expense of Roscommon’s Clann na nGael. We hear from winning captain and manager Louise and Willie Ward, and Clann na nGael boss Finbar Egan.
And finally, the Leinster Senior Football Final between Dublin’s Foxrock/Cabinteely and Meath’s Dunboyne is our featured match. Darren and Niamh look back on their respective semi-final wins and look ahead to what to expect in Kinnegad on Sunday.
- SPORTSDAZ FOOTBALL broadcasts every Wednesday on sportsdaz.ie
- Theme Song – ‘Elevation’ (c) josephmcdade.com/music