PODCAST: The Third Half (Football) – Monday, 18th July 2022
Darren Kelly and Niamh Kindlon review the weekend’s TG4 All-Ireland senior football semi-finals.
- 0:00 – Review previous weekend (senior quarter-finals, intermediate/junior semis)
- 26:10 – Meath 0-12 Donegal 1-7
- 55:55 – Kerry 4-10 Mayo 0-13
Due to a week being taken off last week, we’ve a lot of catching up to do so Darren & Niamh go back to July 9th and that Super Saturday in the TG4 All-Ireland senior quarter-finals – Dublin caught out, Mayo defy predictions, Armagh plan backfires, and Emma Duggan Superstar). There’s also a look at the intermediate and junior semis as Antrim, Fermanagh, Laois and Wexford qualify for Croke Park.
We go back to the action in Croke Park last Saturday starting Meath’s two-point win over Donegal. Again, Emma Duggan stepped up but like through champions, the Royals find a way to get the job done. Did Donegal bottle it when they’d an extra player? Meath’s leaders asserted themselves but did Donegal’s? Did refereeing decisions play a part?
Finally, we look back on Kerry’s impressive victory over Mayo. How did Cork not breach a loose defence or is that unfair on the slick play from the Kingdom? Kerry all on the same page and defence were organised? Can they win first All-Ireland in 29 years? How do we rate 2022 for Mayo as they missing so many players? Who were the top players?
- SPORTSDAZ FOOTBALL broadcasts this Wednesday on sportsdaz.ie
- There will be a ‘THE THIRD HALF’ camogie special this week on Tuesday
- Theme Song (c) josephmcdade.com/music