PODCAST: The Third Half (Monday, 30th May 2022)
When there are LIVE matches on TV, we’ll give you the full analysis on THE THIRD HALF.
- 0:00 – Latest News inc. Roscommon’s Niamh Feeney and TG4 five-year deal
- 0:00 – Dublin 1-7 Meath 1-5 (Analysis – Leinster Senior Football Final
- 36:45 – Longford 3-9 Kildare 1-9 (Tara Byrne (KFM, Kildare Nationalist, Leinster Leader reflects)
- 45:35 – Weekend Round-Up – Cork Munster Champions, wins for Wicklow, Clare, Laois and Wexford.
It’s a special football show this week as Darren Kelly and Niamh Kindlon discuss the latest news before turning their full attention to the Leinster senior football final between Dublin and Meath.
Were the yellow cards merited? Why wasn’t there a free after the decision against Vikki Wall? How significant was the penalty? The poor first half and Dublin’s inability to build up a commanding lead, and some moments of brilliance from the country’s top two teams. All to be discussed.
Longford produced the biggest shock of the TG4 All-Ireland intermediate championship on Sunday as they beat Kildare in Newbridge. KFM’s Tara Byrne joined us to look back on the result, what it means for Kildare and how costly has the decision been to allow inter county players play club league finals the week beforehand?
Finally, Darren and Niamh are back again for a round-up on all the weekend’s football action. Wicklow suprised Leitrim in Drumshanbo; big win for Clare but Jessica Foy nails a two-pointer from a ’45 for Down; Sligo’s season goes from bad to worse as Laois show no mercy; another up-and-down thriller with Wexford as they edge out Offaly; and Cork are Munster senior football champions thanks to a 2-11 to 1-9 win over Kerry.
- Every weekend there’s LIVE camogie or football on TV, we’ll have THE THIRD HALF on Monday to look back on everything that happened.
- Theme Song (c) josephmcdade.com/music